One popular means of transportation is the road transport system. Major development has been in place to aid a proper transportation system: infrastructure like the construction of roads etc. The road transport seems more unique as it is mostly used in the production chain, distributing goods from the manufacturer to the consumer. We can never undo an auto car accident; all you have to do is do the right thing immediately.
The primary and most common means of transportation generally is by road. The more people move on these roads, accidents are inevitable, causing more harm to human life and property.
Causes of Road Accident
As earlier stated, accidents are not planned, they are sudden occurrences. Studies have tried to prove the causes of this road accident through proper evaluation of older cases. The causes of road accident could be narrowed down to three major factors;
The Human factor: This stands to be the most common cause of all road accidents with a percentage of about 60%. The Human factor consists of drivers, pedestrians, and law enforcement agents. Most errors made by this human factor that causes road accidents are
1) Disregard of roads signs and traffic rules
2) Inexperienced drivers
3) Impatience. Etc.
The Mechanical factor: Studies have shown that most vehicles placed on the road do not have proper roadworthiness and, as such, given the failure in the cause of operation. All vehicles in accordance with road safety must be on a daily routine check and care of all components. Examples of mechanical error that causes road accidents are;
1) Brake failure
2) Engine failure
3) Not compatible spare parts. Etc.
The Environmental factor: The environment has played a significant role in road accidents as climate and topography cannot be overemphasized in this. This factor seems to lose much regard in the study of an auto accident but play a significant role. For instance, a cloudy weather condition would not give the driver a clear view of the road, which sometimes leads to an accident.
Since we all know that car accidents are inevitable, then we should know what to do next if it eventually happens, although we aren’t hoping for such to be forewarned.
- You must see a doctor immediately for medical attention. When you see a doctor immediately, it is also essential for a personal injury claim, it gives you an opportunity of obtaining higher compensation.
- You mustn’t accept any settlement offer from an insurance company without involving a lawyer first. The insurance company’s sole purpose is minimizing the value of one’s claim.
- Involve a good lawyer. A good car accident lawyer Kansas City, MO relies on, like from Royce Injury Attorneys, will help you understand certain things you should know about before collecting settlement offers from an insurance company.
- Talk to your witnesses. Try to get them in the case so you can assist your lawyer.
- Give a detailed report of the accident. It is essential you give detailed information because it also goes a long way. You can go to the police station to file your report on the accident.