Slip and Fall Personal Injury Claim

If you are a victim of a slip and fall the first thing you may want to do is ensure the person or entity that caused the slip and fall is held responsible. Before pursuing a personal injury claim for a slip and fall it is important to know a few things.

 Injured at Work

Depending on where you fell, there are several questions you may have. If you were on the job you may want to know if you are able to sue your employer. In many cases an employer is not able to be sued for any injuries incurred on the job. However, employers are usually covered by the state workers’ compensation laws. If you suffer from a slip and fall at work you may need to pursue a worker’s compensation claim, not a personal injury claim. 

 File a Report

You may then want to know if you have to contact the police or file a report. Absolutely file a report. While it is not always advised to move immediately, if you slip and fall at a business, the business should be informed and a report with the business will be filed. No need to give a long report — just let them know you fell. Be sure to get all witness information just as if you were in a motor vehicle accident. The documentation or statement that you gave should be copied and a copy should be provided to you.

 Getting Compensation

You may want to know if you could be compensated. Every case is typically different. If injuries are sustained and liability to that business or entity can be proven, there is a possibility for a personal injury claim to be successful.

You first need to understand what a slip and fall is. You do not want to pursue a personal injury claim for what you believe is a slip and fall, when it is not actually a slip and fall. A slip and fall can happen anywhere. It can be due to a trip because of an object on the walking path on a property, it may be due to uneven flooring, or the floor failing beneath you. 

Contact an Attorney

There are so many different factors in a slip and fall case. If you want to have a successful claim you should speak with a personal injury attorney, like a personal injury attorney from Andrew R. Lynch, P.C., about what your legal options are.